First Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival 2016
Participation ConditionsThe following rules are applicable to all the registered films and participants for the Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival 2016.
Part 1: For film entry
If you only want to exhibit your film without attending the festival, you can fill in the film entry form. The entry films must fulfill the following conditions:
1.1 Participating films must be completed films. Films currently in pre-production, production or post production stage are not allowed to
enter the competition.
1.2 The content of the documentary shall comply with the theme of this year’s festival. Contents that involve eroticism, violence and racist discrimination will not be allowed nor be accepted by the Organizing Committee.
1.3 Registrants shall possess the films full copyright or copyright authorization. Shall any dispute relating to copyright occur, the supplier shall take all legal responsibility.
1.4 Registered films shall be dubbed in English. If the dubbing is in the original language, English subtitles must be provided.
1.5 For participates who would like to enter the competition, please kindly fill in the ‘Entry form for films’ under the application for films section and pay the fee via PayPal or payment via bank.
1.6 Registration fee: 50 €.
Part 2: Registration for Golden Tree Film Festival
2. The Golden Tree Film Festival is open to everyone worldwide who is interested and would like to be part of this festival.
3. The main two categories: Visitors or and participating on-site events.
4. Participants of the festival
4.1 Participants for the festival divided into the three groups of professional purchasers, Copyright owners, and visitors.
4.1.1 Professional Purchasers: are individuals from professional documentary funds, institutions, documentary commissions, publishers of documentaries, TV stations and TV and film media. The official credentials of the purchaser’s company are required.
4.1.2 Copyright owners: are the professionals who are in possession of the
copyrights of documentaries or production plans.
4.1.3 For visitors: are individuals interested in documentaries (the daily number of visitors is limited to150 and allocated based on the order of payment).
4.2. Registration process: please refer to this website to download the “Participant Registration Form” and fill it in as required. Afterwards, email to the Organizing Committee and pay the fee via PayPal or payment via bank. The Organizing Committee will verify the information provided and confirm your registration after the corresponding fee is paid.
4.3 Application deadline: 15th September 2016 (date on which email is received).
4.4 Registration fee: Registration for professional purchasers is free of charge, the registration fee for copyright owners is 150€, the registration fee for visitors is 100€.
5. For on-site events participants
5.1 On-site events: Exhibition Presentations, Discussion Forums, Promotional Events, Special Dinners
5.1.1 Exhibition Presentations: The Organizing Committee offers 20 display booths for all individual or institutional producers of documentaries to exhibit their work. The exhibition last for 3 days, the registration fee for each display booth is 2000€. Including entrance passes for two people, for more they have to buy additional tickets.
5.1.2 Discussion Forums: will hold exclusive Discussion Forums for institutions/individuals participating and provide the purchasers and copyright owners a international trading platform. The list of purchasers is still being updated, please pay attention to any updates in the rules and regulations for registration.
5.1.3 Promotional Events: Here institutions receive assistance to promote their works. In the specific event, you can exchange views and discuss with prominent experts of the film and television industry,as well as participate in the Q&A sessions. The entry fee is 3000€ per person. The list of the experts is still being updated, please pay attention to any updates in the rules and regulations for registration.
5.1.4 Special Dinner: The Organizing Committee will organize 8 exclusive expert dinners in order to provide a chance for the participants to meet up with the international personalities of the field. On October 16th and 17th, from 18:00-20:00, four special dinners will be held each night. The attendees at the dinner on October 16th are directors, producers, investors and purchasers. At the October 17th dinner, attendees will include purchasers, authors, representatives of organizations and celebrities. The list of the personalities is still being updated, please pay attention to any updates in the rules and regulations for registration. The entry fee is 200€/Person.
5.2 Application process: If you want to participate the on-site events, please kindly download the “Participants registration form” under“Application for visitors” on the official website and email to the Organizing Committee after completing it. Then pay the fee via PayPal or payment via bank.The Organizing Committee will verify the information provided and confirm your registration after the corresponding entry fee is paid.
5.3 Application Deadline: 15th September 2016 (date on which email is received).
5.4 Please refer to the following table for fees:
|Exhibition Presentation||per booth||2000€|
|Promotional Event||per person||3000€|
|Special dinner||per person||200€|
Process of registration for films
1. Please register on the Golden Tree Documentary Film Festival’s official website: www.goldentreefestival.com
2. Click the button “online registration” and fill in the form “Application for films” before submitting it.
3. For payment of the registration fee, you can choose between online-payment via PayPal or payment via bank payment.
4. After your payment was successful, please kindly send an email containing the following information to the Organizing Committee: email@example.com;
Payment information (Order number or email address of the PayPal-account):
Date of payment:
5. After receiving your payment information, the Organizing Committee will send you an email confirming your registration.
6. If you agree to store your film in our database, the Organizing Committee will send you the user ID, password and a link to upload your film.
The Golden Tree Documentary Film Festival’s Organizing Committee guarantees the confidentiality of all personal information.
Part 3 – Other enquiries
6. All registered participants are free to take part in every forum of the documentary film festival. Public registration for participation in the opening ceremony is currently unavailable. The Organizing Committee of the Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival will send invitation letters to the participants, which will serve as admission certificates.
7. Expenses for accommodation and transport will be paid by the participants themselves. If any assistance of the Organizing Committee is required, please kindly contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. For any media registration please kindly contact the Organizing Committee directly.
9. Special notification
9.1. Due to limitations regarding the number of attending institutions/individuals at special dinners, the Organizing Committee will prioritize the applications of the institutions/individuals according to the date on which payment was received.
9.2. The exhibition area will cover no more than 20 booths with TV screens. The Organizing Committee will prioritize the exhibition space for the exhibiting institutions/individuals according to the date on which payment was received. If the institutions/individuals cannot provide their exhibit as scheduled, they bear sole responsibility themselves.
10. To pay Application fee please Pay by PayPal (by click the link on the form) or bank transfer:
PayPal : email@example.com
Bank name: DCM DEUTSCH-CHINESISCHE MEDIEN GMBH
Account opening bank: Bank of China (Frankfurt branch)
Bockenheimer Landstr. 24, 60323 Frankfurt.
Account number: IBAN: DE59514107004069512210
11. The right of final decision on the interpretation of these terms and conditions belongs to the Organizing Committee of the Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival.